Smoke & Fire Curtains Ltd are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of everyone who visits our website: www.firecurtainsltd.com
Information about us
- Smoke & Fire Curtains Ltd manufacture, supply and install smoke and fire curtains
- Smoke & Fire Curtains Ltd are a UK Registered company under: 06972350
The registered business address is: Atkins Building, Lower Bond Street, Hinckley, Leicester, LE10 1QU
- Our Data Compliance Officer can be contacted on telephone 0116 3527223, email firstname.lastname@example.org or by post 9 Brook Street, Syston, Leicester, LE7 1GD.
Definition and Interpretation
In this policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:-
“personal data” Means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case it means personal data that you give us via our site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions of the EU Regulation – the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and
“We/Us/Our” means Smoke & Fire Curtains Ltd
What does this policy cover?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we wish to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes and request your consent to these activities. If you wish to change your mailing preferences or opt-out of specific marketing communications sent from Smoke & Fire Curtains Ltd, you may notify us via email@example.com
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner agencies or advertisers. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data please contact our Data Compliance Officer in the first instance. If you are not satisfied with the response or outcome you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority (the Information Commissioner’s Office).
What data do we collect?
Smoke & Fire Curtains Ltd may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information acquired/provided through our website, including information provided at the time of requesting a quote and subscribing to our newsletter including but not limited to; name, contact number, email address, address, business name and business address.
- We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us when you respond to a survey and/or when you report a problem with our website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. If you send us personal information which identifies you via email, we may keep your email and email address.
- We may ask you to complete optional surveys for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfilment of any orders you may place.
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- Details of your access to our online resources or other materials.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to either Smoke & Fire Curtains Ltd or trusted partners. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We may receive personal information including your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when.
How do we collect information from you?
We receive information about our users when they use our website. For example, we receive contact information when you contact us about our services, register to receive a newsletter or a product brochure.
How is your information used?
We use personal information held about you in the following ways:
- To update and enhance our records
- To compile information relating to your use of our products and services and make recommendations about goods and services and other areas that may interest you
- To ensure the content from the website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- To provide you with information about our services, events or campaigns which may interest you.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means with information about goods, a purchase or services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. You can opt-in/out of such notifications by following the instructions as set out on this website or at any time after providing your information
- Inviting you to participate in market research (i.e. views/comments) on the service we provide
- We may analyse your data to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you in the most appropriate way and with the most relevant information.
If we do collect any personal data, it will be processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times.
You have choice and control regarding the information you wish to receive from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us about our products and services, then you can choose to remove yourself from our mailing lists or contact us to request your removal.
We are legally obliged to retain some types of information to fulfil our statutory requirements. We will only hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary where a timescale is set out by law. Where this is not applicable, you may contact us at any time to request your data to be deleted from our systems.
Who has access to your information?
We do not share any data we hold with third party companies or organisations and we will not release your data outside of our organisation unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties without obtaining further consent from you including:
- To our business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter with you
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our website terms & conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees, our customers and others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
you have any questions about these, please do contact us via email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will never sell your data to third parties for the purposes of marketing.
How you can access and update your information
The GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with this.
If you would like to request a copy of your personal data under the GDPR or have any other related queries, please contact our Data Compliance Officer
The accuracy of your information is very important to us. If your details or any of the information we hold becomes inaccurate or out of date, please do contact us to update.
Under the GDPR no fee is payable, and we will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. However, if your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
Security of your information
The use of ‘Cookies’
You can manage or update your own cookie settings by editing your browser preferences.
Review of this Policy