- Protect areas up to 30 metres wide
- Provides minimal heat transfer to the non-fire side allowing safe passage of escape.
- Unobtrusive, lightweight and easy to install
- Alternative to a fire door, fire shutter or sprinkler system
- Option to be fully recessed into the walls and ceiling
- Excellent for both commercial and domestic properties
The FireSafe PLUS is an Operable Fabric Curtain to be used to form a barrier against fire. It is designed for all application types where a higher performance of radiation is required i.e. protecting a means of escape by creating a tenable zone to pass by.
The system has a classification of E120 EW120 in accordance with BS EN 13501-2:2007+A1:2009.
The system was subjected to 25 pre-conditioned cycles achieving a C0 classification in accordance with BS EN 14600:2005.
The system was subjected to a fire-resistance test achieving a performance level of 120 minutes to BS EN 1634-1:2014 in accordance with BS EN 1363-1:2012.
Radiation of less than 15kW/m2 was measure for a period up to 120 minutes to BS EN 1634-1:2014 in accordance with BS EN 1363-2:1999.
The fabric curtain consists of a stainless-steel wire reinforced glass fabric, coated with a specially formulated intumescent filled silicone. When exposed to temperatures above 160°C the coating system will form an expanding carbonic char. This material does not generate toxic emissions.
The fabric weight is approx. 1750g/m2 with a nominal thickness of 1.9mm.